Your Way Isn't Working!!!!





A few years ago my son was playing on a travel team when we first moved to So. Cal and my fondest memory was his new coach standing on the sidelines yelling "Try it my way, run the play!  Your way isn't working!"

A concept so simple in theory.  But somehow, no matter how logical... we are determined to do it OUR WAY!  Is it stubbornness?  Is is ego? It is fear of trying something new and unfamiliar?

I am guilty of this 100% when it comes to diet and exercise, which is incredibly ironic considering I have experienced an amazing physical transformation a decade ago when I trusted the process and followed the guidance of my coach.  Over the years I have literally purchased every training program I could get my hands on, as I am obsessed with the fitness industry as a whole.  And for the same reasons my clients sabotage their efforts, I am 100% guilty of it in this area of my life.

So, yes, I understand.  I have empathy to this self sabotaging behavior - I get it... change is hard! And until I decide to accept the fact that MY WAY ISN'T WORKING... I will be sluggish at 35% body fat.

We all can't be good at everything!  I have friends that have mastered their physique but lack discipline in their personal finance.  I am the exact opposite, where I have incredible discipline in my financial strategy, yet I find it impossible to meal prep and drink enough water.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!

As I start to build my website - COMING SOON - amberanthony.com and content catalog - 
When deciding how to best serve my audience, I have to take all of this into consideration.  As I've stated before, business is NOT some Private Members ONLY Club where 'smart' graduates with MBA's are the only invites... BUSINESS IS PEOPLE - on both sides of the spectrum - 

The ART OF DOING BUSINESS speaks to a huge range of topics such as:

Filling an unmet need
Customizing your message so it resonates with them
Creating an environment where they can be vulnerable yet inspired
Finding ways to capture their minds and hearts
Providing abundant opportunity and support
Creating a value proposition that ensures engagement and retention 

You see.... being in 'business' is no easy feat!  All of these principles apply to the smallest and largest companies alike!  And where in the world do you 'learn' how to do or be good at ALL of these things?

That my friends.... that is the MILLION $ question - 

The answer..... WORK YOUR A$$ OFF AND DEDICATE YOURSELF TO SERVING - 

It is the hardest yet most rewarding experience... and for myself, my ultimate HAPPINESS outside of my family.

Wether you are a business owner, student, employed professional, wife, or mother..... working hard toward a goal that improves your life and/or the lives of others is incredibly rewarding!

For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice - no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service - John Burroughs




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I can do it.... you can certainly do it ~ there is nothing special or extraordinary about me other than my integrity and work ethic!

I was an #entrepreneur before it was trending...

Double Down On Your Strenghs